2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
If you need a versatile SUV with plenty of power for your Appleton adventures, then the Ford Edge lineup is the perfect choice. But, what is the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity – and can it keep up with your everyday needs? The latest Edge has the power to tow up to 3,500 pounds of cargo when properly equipped. So whether you want to take a camper to Ford Du Lac or haul gear from Oshkosh, you’ll be ready for anything with the Ford Edge by your side.
Ford Edge Engine Options
The Ford Edge engine specs offer high-octane power that’s bound to impress, even when compared to other Ford SUVs in the segment. For 2020, the Ford Edge engine selection includes two turbocharged options – including a best-in-class V6:
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4: Utilizing both turbocharged mechanics and direct-injection technology, this engine produces 250 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque – along with a 1,500-pounds towing total.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6: This twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine generates an output of 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque – achieving the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
Ford Edge Towing Features
The Ford Edge engine options crank out serious power, but this SUV isn’t just about brute force. Ford’s smart technology allows you to maximize your strength on the road, while boosting control and precision through state-of-the-art options like:
- Hill Start Assist: This feature holds your brake on an incline to prevent slipping on steep surfaces.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive: A series of sensors monitor traction levels, adjusting torque automatically between the front and rear wheels to boost traction and handling.
- Traction Control: This cutting-edge technology limits wheel spin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature applies brakes and reduces engine torque as needed to prevent unwanted movement on the road.
Ford Edge Towing Package
If you want to reach the peak Ford Edge towing capacity, you’ll need the Class II Trailer Tow Package. This package is included on the ST and available on trims like the SEL and Titanium AWD to optimize your towing potential on even the roughest roads. Featuring technology like Trailer Sway Control, the Class II Trailer Tow Package gives you the tools that you need to drive with the precision that you want.
Explore the Ford Edge with Holiday Ford
You’ve read about the Ford Edge towing capacity, now start shopping for your next SUV at Holiday Ford. Feel free to contact us with any questions about the lineup and we’ll get one step closer to that dream car. Also be sure to learn more about Ford F-250 towing if you need more capablity!