How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? Oshkosh-area drivers can expect a Ford Explorer towing capacity up to 5,600 pounds when properly equipped. Even the all-new Explorer Hybrid SUV boasts an impressive towing capacity while simultaneously delivering strong fuel economy and ample interior space. Ready to learn more? Consult this guide from Holiday Ford to discover what the new Explorer can do for you around Fond du Lac.
Ford Explorer Engine Options
The Ford Explorer towing capacity wouldn’t be possible without the three distinct engines available. Discover the specs of each Ford Explorer engine to understand how much you can tow around Appleton depending on the one you select.
2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder
- 300 hp
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 5,300-pound towing capacity when properly equipped
3.0L EcoBoost® V6
- 365 hp to 400 hp, depending on the trim
- 380 lb-ft of torque to 415 lb-ft of torque, depending on the trim
- 5,600-pound towing capacity when properly equipped
- 5,000-pound towing capacity
Ford Explorer Towing Features
The 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity also can be attributed to the various towing, traction, and stabilizing features available across the lineup. Campbellsport-area drivers have access to:
- All-new rear-wheel drive, which gives the Explorer a sportier stance and improves towing by 600 pounds from the previous model year.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control, which selectively brakes and distributes engine power to maximize trailer control and stability.
- Sidewind Stabilization, which works against strong winds to keep you in control.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™, which allows you to choose between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes for enhanced traction according to the terrain.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™, which uses gyroscopic sensors to monitor yaw and roll rates retains control in the event of wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package, which is an option available for 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines and standard for the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine.
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Holiday Ford!
Take advantage of the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity when you finance your model with Holiday Ford! After you apply for financing online, make sure to get in touch to schedule a test drive near West Bend! Want to learn more? Be sure to read up on Ford SYNC, Ford F-150 towing or compare the Ford F-150 vs. RAM 1500 today.