How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
One of dozens of convenient features available on your new Ford car, truck, or SUV, Ford MyKey allows you to set restrictions on speed, stereo volume, and many other vehicle features. But what if you need to turn off those settings, disabling Ford MyKey is very simple. Learn how to turn off Ford MyKey with our team at Holiday Ford!
Step-by-Step: Ford MyKey Disable
First, you’ll need the admin key or admin key fob, otherwise you won’t be able to learn how to turn off Ford MyKey. From there, follow these steps to return the vehicle to default settings.
- Start the car and the onboard computer will activate.
- With the steering wheel-mounted information display controls, press the left arrow button to access the main menu.
- On the main menu, select “Settings” by pressing “OK.”
- Under “Settings,” scroll to the option that says “MyKey,” then press “OK.”
- Under “MyKey,” select “Clear MyKey.”
- Press and hold “OK” until the message “All MyKeys Cleared” appears on screen. Then you’re all set.
What is Ford MyKey?
Much like Ford SYNC® and Ford Remote Start, Ford MyKey is an exclusive Ford system designed to help parents with teen drivers. Ford MyKey is primarily used to promote safe driving habits in Fond Du Lac by setting limitations for other drivers. These limitations include turning off the car’s entertainment features, ensuring that seatbelts are fastened, and setting a maximum top speed. While driving with Ford MyKey, secondary drivers will have to obey any settings put forth by the admin key holder. This system is totally optional for Appleton drivers to activate, and learning about Ford MyKey disable features is simple when you want to deactivate it.
Step-by-Step: Program Keys with MyKey
So you’ve learned how to turn off Ford MyKey – how do you reprogram it? Follow these steps below:
- First, grab the key you would like to use for your secondary driver. In vehicles with push-button start, insert the key into the backup slot.
- Using the left arrow in your information display controls, access the main menu and navigate to “Settings.”
- From here, scroll down and select “MyKey,” followed by “Create MyKey” from the new menu.
- The system will prompt you to select “OK,” thereby labelling the key that’s in the ignition as a MyKey.
- From this point forward, the key will be restricted upon starting up the vehicle until Ford MyKey is disabled.
Anytime you need to adjust these settings, insert your admin key into the vehicle and navigate back to the MyKey menu.
Learn More About Ford Technology at Holiday Ford Near Appleton
Do you have any questions for our team at Holiday Ford near Oshkosh? Don’t hesitate to contact us online today! Our service experts are always ready to help you learn the ins and outs of your Ford vehicle.